Developers Paradise Winter Edition 2013
From March 19th to 22nd happened: The second Winter Developers Paradise took place. This time more than 50 attendees came together in Kaprun, Austria.
The Developers Paradise was not just a huge success, but also the numberof participants raised enormously. However, for the organizer Netresearch, it was important that the event still remained the unique and limited character. This was realized by limiting the number of attendees to 50 people.
During the day, the developers who came from around the world, enjoyed the fantastic weather or went skiing and snowboarding and painted the slopes red. Not until the early evening, all got together to listen to the different sessions. There were lectures from developers of the following companies: X.Commerce, Eltrino, Sitewards, interger_net GmbH, Atwix, Support Desk, and PayPal. The range of topics was very diverse. In particular, the training character of the event had priority. The speakers not only presented different studies but also the audience experienced a lot of new things regarding Magento.
For a lot of guests, the attendance of Yoav Kutner, founder and former CTO of Magento Inc., as well as former Magento core developer Dmitry Soroka put the cherry on the cake. Thomas Fleck, CEO of the Netresearch App Factory AG, was also very satisfied: “The sessions were all very good and informative. There was exclusively positive feedback from the attendees which gives us a great pleasure and proves to us that we are going to organize such an event again.”
The positive feedback as well as the busy and interesting exchange of the developers made the 3-days-event so much varied. We look forward to a further event for the Magento community in the snowy mountains of Austria. However, right now we are curious for the Summer Developers Paradise which will take place on Mallorca in September. The preparations run at full speed.
Following, you can find the speakers & presentations of the Developers Paradise 2013. If you click on the speaker names, there you can find the slides of the presentations for download.
- Andreas v. Studnitz | Importing Products, Categories and Customers into Magento – Best Practice
- Vitaliy Golomoziy | Troubleshooting performance issues in Magento
- Andrii Sadovskyi & Igor Krasilich | Critical server monitoring tools for your eCommerce store, and importance of back-ups. Practical experience
- Ray Bogman | Magento cluster w/ TV commercial running
- Saleem Shafi | Previewing the Magento 2 extensibility model
- Anton Makarenko | Changes Overview of View Layer in Magento 2
- Tobias Zander | Apache Solr in Magento Enterprise
- Alex Turiak | Nginx & Magento
- Maksym Iaroshenko | Magento non-MySQL implementations (Oracle, MSSQL, etc)
- Roman Stepanov | Magento Security and Vulnerabilities
- Maksym Gubar | Magento Indexers Performance Optimization
- Stephan Kalverkamp | Ebay.Inc Resources & Support